Saturday, May 26, 2007

Motivation...

For the past 4 weeks, I've been nursing my achilles injured in two consecutive trail runs in brand new shoes. Not the smartest thing I've ever done, but it's done nonetheless. I haven't been able to run, but riding and swimming have been pain free.

I swam today with my boy Phil, which went well. I had hoped to get in a ride this PM, but the overcast nature of today's weather has made it much easier to lay around, catch up on some reading and take a nap or two. Is that an indication of my lack of motivation?

It's hard to say what motivates me, really. I was talking to Phil today about how Triathletes are pretty much loners who only choose to hang out with like-minded loners. My best guess is the personal satisfaction of doing something not too many other folks are capable of doing is motivation enough...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's complete hogwash! Triathlete's are loner because the minute they show up in a parking lot full of roadies they get the ol stink eye because of the aero bars- I mean when was the last time that roadies gave some respect to tri's? Really? Tell me? I'm waiting..... in front of you!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, it sounds like this Cat needs a coach!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, good idea! Know of anyone?

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do....but he's my coach

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and.......

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not tellin'

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home