Candidate Forum Report
Well, I don't think I came off as a total idiot, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Actually, the night went pretty well. There were five of us there on Thursday night. The sixth candidate was a no show because she was in Atlanta with the Robotics team.
I've never been so nerved up for something in my life. I felt as though I needed to hurl out both ends the entire day. My nerves were quite evident from the opening bell.
Once I finished my opening statement, which I had prepared ahead of time, I looked up to see my wife in the crowd. She was telling me, via lip reading, that I should stop my legs from moving back and forth at Mach 5 immediately. I was unconsciously spending nervous energy beneath the table and there was no curtain draped over the front. Everyone in the audience could see my legs moving back and forth madly. Nice.
My only saving grace was that I was sitting next to George Jacob, one of the incumbents running for re-election. What a great guy. I will definitely be voting for him on May 3rd.
If you'd like to read the re-cap of the night's event, here's a link to the Grand Rapids Press' report. One of my statements, by the way, was reported out of context in the article.
When making a point about the No Child Left Behind Act, I stated the district was being well served by the faculty and administrators at Pine Creek after all their effort restructuring the school. The reporter noted that I said the district was being well served by NCLB. I noted we need to take the good with the bad...Oh well.
I've never been so nerved up for something in my life. I felt as though I needed to hurl out both ends the entire day. My nerves were quite evident from the opening bell.
Once I finished my opening statement, which I had prepared ahead of time, I looked up to see my wife in the crowd. She was telling me, via lip reading, that I should stop my legs from moving back and forth at Mach 5 immediately. I was unconsciously spending nervous energy beneath the table and there was no curtain draped over the front. Everyone in the audience could see my legs moving back and forth madly. Nice.
My only saving grace was that I was sitting next to George Jacob, one of the incumbents running for re-election. What a great guy. I will definitely be voting for him on May 3rd.
If you'd like to read the re-cap of the night's event, here's a link to the Grand Rapids Press' report. One of my statements, by the way, was reported out of context in the article.
When making a point about the No Child Left Behind Act, I stated the district was being well served by the faculty and administrators at Pine Creek after all their effort restructuring the school. The reporter noted that I said the district was being well served by NCLB. I noted we need to take the good with the bad...Oh well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home