Sunday, June 10, 2007

Big Weekend in the Saddle

With the achilles pretty much killing my run training, I spent a considerable amount of time in the saddle this weekend.

On Saturday, my annual Lake Mac Triathlon Co-ed relay team won...again. I got a strong swim effort out of Jason, who swim for West Ottawa, and my lovely bride ran great, as always. I managed to put together an pretty good effort, though I was hoping for better. 24 miles @ 22 mph...I was gunning for 23, but I just couldn't get it done. We won, so that's cool.

After the race, I headed for Kalamazoo. The family would follow later so I had a ride home. In total, I rode 78 miles in just over 4 hours...about 19mph average. I'm good w/that.

On Sunday, I hooked up with some of the TriKats for part of the MS150 ride heading out of Holland. Jim and I made it to Grand Haven and headed back. Riding in a large group on the way up was much nicer than heading back South with just the two of us. I was toast by the time we got home...47 for the day...125 for the weekend.

I would have liked to have gone more, but this is good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home