Sunday, June 12, 2005

Let the Tri Season Begin!!

Triathlon season is officially underway. Lori and I teamed up with Adam from work to do the Lake Macatawa Triathlon yesterday. I have done this event about 6 times, but the last three have been on a team.

I like to recruit a swimmer (this year Adam), I do the bike and Lori kicks tail on the run. If you have ever been on Lake Mac, you'd understand why I have a different swimmer every year.

Well, we smoked and took first place in the 3 person, co-ed division with a time of 1 hour, 53 minutes and some change. Adam swam well for not training at all...the wind was my friend for most of the ride, so I improved over last year's bike split by about 5 minutes. Lori, once again, had a great run - despite the temperature being less than optimal for running. (It was flippin' hot!!)

Overall, it was a great day. I managed to waddle my way through the run for my first brick of the season. Johan's should be quite interesting next week!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home