Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hydration Strategy On Hold



Okay, so it wasn't quite THIS hot today, but definitely the hottest training ride thus far. I packed 3 hours worth of hydration/nutrition for today's planned 53 mile ride. I hit a crossroads at 2 hours and 10 minutes and was on empty. I could either turn left and be at my destination in 20 minutes, or go straight finish my planned distance in about 50 minutes. I opted for the shorter route.

It proved to be the right choice. I still had some gas in the tank, but it would not have been much longer before I would have started a meltdown.

These hot days will force me to figure out how to refill out on my long rides.

Not a bad weekend...just under 100 miles in two days. Not what I had hoped for, but it'll do. More hills that my normal rides this weekend.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home