Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside is...

...just fine for me! I love this time of year, especially since I'm able to run again. I managed a nice 4 miler today at 8 minute pace. I've been holding back on the mileage a bit to build some of my strength back. Having not run for at least a year, my body needs to get back to fightin' shape, along with the legs and lungs. The pounding my body takes while running tends to remind certain muscle groups they're not quite ready to be punished quite yet.

I spent 45 minutes on the bike the other night, and plan to again tonight. Swimming 2-3 times a week as well. Trying to get the base back in preparation for the 2009 race season.

Tentative plan for now is Borgess Run in April, Old Kent in May, Johan's or Lake Mac in June, Muncie in July and 3 Rivers in August...that should be enough, ya think?

D1 State meet for Shelby next weekend at EMU. Emily is struggling through an arm injury, and Lori is busy being Lori...Honestly, I'm not sure how she can do it all...We are blessed.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home