Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day, Indeed!

So I was coerced out of my slumber this morning by Pauly to go for a swim. I looked out the window at 6am hoping to see raindrops so I could back to sleep. No dice. Pauly was in my driveway by 6:30.

Joel was a great host and swam 3 loops with us. NOTE: I was the only one man enough to go without the wetsuit. Apparently, they wanted to keep their girly parts warm.

After the swim, I allowed peer pressure to take over for better judgement and went for a ride with these two animals. What was billed as a 30-50 mile ride turned into a 40 mile time trial. I managed to hang on for most of the ride North to Grand Haven, but lost the slip-stream on the way up a short hill. I didn't mind...I was able to slow down to 22mph...Holy moly!

By the time I hit the driveway, I was happy I went, but cooked...40 miles at 21.5 mph average with a nice head wind on the way back...Joel and Pauly are animals.

Did I mention the hour long nap once I got home...cooked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home