Saturday, December 13, 2008

Runnin' with the Studs


Back in 2003, I was training for my first Ironman. During a lunch hour run with my wife, I slipped on the ice and dislocated my shoulder. I was lying on my on my back with my arm extended over my head. I couldn't rotate it back into place, and I had not way to support it if I stood up. Consequently, I took the slowest ambulance ride in history to the hospital. The paramedics had a hard time stabilizing my arm as well.

From that day on, I vowed to never run in icy conditions again...until today. I bought some 8x1/2" sheet metal screws, and drove them into the bottom of sold old GT2030'z. The end result, 4.5 miles of no-slip running.
This will, in theory, increase my mileage during the off season...in theory. I still have to get out the door.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

There goes your only good excuse not to run in the winter. By the way, your bike case is still warm and dry. Well dry any how.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home