Dreadmill, Dreadmill – Oh how I hate thee…
Schedule constraints on Wednesday forced me to get in my 5 miler indoors. We have a GREAT fitness facility here at work, so the only inconvenience is…well…there really is none.
I jumped on and set my warm up pace. My plan was to do about a ½ mile at a comfortable pace, and finish out the run with a "slightly" faster than Marathon race pace. The belt was loose on the treadmill directly in front of the ESPN television feed, which is the PRIME slot for dewds. It was bugging the crap out of me for the first ¼ mile of my warm up. I bailed.
It's better that I jumped on another treadmill, really. With the only TV of interest to my left, I was forced to simply stare out into space and listen to my Podcast. If I look to my left or right, I tend to drift…this is never good for me.
Five miles of SUCK later, my knee hurt, my toe hurt and my groin was sore. Why do people run on these things?


1 Comments:
That is a question for the ages.
Post a Comment
<< Home