Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Achilles Updte

I went to see my physician last week about my Achilles not healing properly. Being a general practitioner, it was time for him to refer to a Podiatrist. That appointment took place this past Monday.

Leading up to the appointment, I had developed some soreness in my left calf. It kinda felt like a muscle strain, but painful to the touch. Over the weekend, my lower leg was swollen and wasn't feeling any different. I pretty much laid around both Saturday and Sunday because of the pain. I thought about going to the hospital, but figured the Doc would have a look-see on Monday.

Turns out I have a blood clot in my lower left leg. I had an ultrasound to rule out Deep Vein Thrombosis, which can be fatal. That was somewhat of a relief, but I'm still a little uneasy, as you might expect. Treatment (for now) is aspirin and a heat compress a couple times a day. If that doesn't help, I need to go back in to see the Doc.

Oh, on the Achilles front - I have a MRI scheduled for Thursday to see what kind of damage is there. Let's hope for a good diagnosis.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home