Monday, November 19, 2007

MRI Update

Today I received confirmation of what I had suspected for quite some time. My Achilles has a slight tear that is causing all the pain associated with running.

I have two options. The first is to do nothing (which I've been doing) and hope it heals to the point where I can run again. However, the risk of complete rupture remains high because of the scar tissue and the history of problems with my left Achilles.

The second option is to have surgery to repair the tear. I don't know the complete details of the the operation, but know it will involve scraping scar tissue, repairing the tear and one other procedure to enhance the healing process. There is still a risk of complete rupture, but it is reduced significantly.

I've started the paperwork for the surgery.

Blood Clot Update - Still a superficial clot and it seems to be getting better. (reduced swelling and pain) I had another ultrasound today to see if it was moving into the deep veins. Fortunately, it's not. I've been told to stay with the current course of treatment and have a follow up visit next week.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Maybe you should just take up checkers and this whole ankle thing wouldn't be so troublesome.
;)
Peace
Ken

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home